Backup & Disaster Recovery
Businesses are using the Public Cloud to enable faster disaster recovery of their critical IT systems without incurring the infrastructure expense of a second physical site. The Public Cloud supports many popular disaster recovery (DR) architectures, from environments that are ready to scale up at a moment’s notice to environments that enable rapid failover. With data centers around the globe, Public Cloud provides a set of cloud-based disaster recovery services that enable rapid recovery of your IT infrastructure and data.
Benefits of Using Cloud for Disaster Recovery
- Fast disk-based storage and retrieval of files.
- Eliminate costs associated with transporting, storing, and retrieving tape media and associated tape backup software.
- Fast retrieval of files allows you to avoid fines for missing compliance deadlines.
- Add any amount of data, quickly. Easily expire and delete without handling media.
- Secure and durable cloud disaster recovery platform with industry-recognized certifications and audits.
Backup and Disaster Recovery scenarios are great to highlight the advantages of the Cloud versus traditional solutions: if you need Backup and Disaster Recovery for your business, you can avoid the expensive burden of relying on physical tapes and tape management in favor of cloud-based storage.
Data written on tapes typically goes in a vault somewhere and remains useless until the tape is transported back in case of a disaster. Cost of over- or under-provisioning in this case is very high.
On the Cloud, however, you can get rid of tapes and use block storage, which are highly durable storage solutions: which provides a simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. All the complexities of scalability, reliability, durability, performance and cost-effectiveness are hidden behind a very simple programming interface.